- A speculative fiction writer who also has an epic fantasy novel, Elementarí Rising, coming out in 2013
- The art columnist for Weird Fiction Review (run by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer)
- The co-author, along with Carrie Ann Baade, of Cute and Creepy, an art book (which you can order from Amazon by clicking on the picture).
- A sometimes book reviewer for Fantasy Matters and interviewer for DJ Spooky’s Origin Magazine, (interviews with Neil Gaiman and China Miéville, which you can read by clicking on the Origin cover).
- A college teacher who lectures on the rhetorics of the grotesque, fantastic, and uncanny in art and literature, as well as writing for the Visual Arts.
I don’t normally talk in bullets or in third person but for a quick and clean intro, it seemed okay. I have a PhD in English/Creative Writing from the University of Denver. My graduate school research was mostly about Henry James and 19th century American literature, but don’t hold that against me. Now I teach the rhetorics of the fantastic, uncanny, and grotesque in art and literature by day and furiously scribble stories and novels by night. My work has appeared in Word Riot, Strange Horizons, Bourbon Penn, Prick of the Spindle, Red Fez, Prime Number Magazine, and storySouth, among others.
Header image by Siolo Thompson